Friday, February 24, 2012

Take Time to Smell the Lilies

I have missed this place.  The blog, I mean.  Life has been so crazy.  Everyone we know is getting married or having a baby right NOW.  I am now a professional shower goer.  I am so ecstatic for all our friends and family as they cross these milestones, not to mention grateful to share in their lives.

I have also been away because we were a one computer family.  Were.  And my husband was definitely attached to his, so I felt badly to take it over.  But, no more!  Thank God for the blessing of a netbook.  The best part is being able to carry it around the house while I go into hiding take a break.

image source
Here's a savvy chic idea I've wanted to share...  Don't fresh flowers make you feel so good?  In my younger days, I thought they were overrated.  Now I realize how naive that was.  Recently The Husband has (twice!) brought home stargazer lilies.  That was a new awakening for me.  If I bought flowers, I'd pick up a mixed bouquet or roses, and I'm not knocking them.  But, if you want to have a home that smells like a florist's shop, pick up stargazer lilies.  Also, they keep their beauty for over a week.  My Valentines flowers are now going on day 10.  While they may cost a bit more than some other flowers, their longevity makes them worth the extra in the long run.  Get a vase of them and see if you don't smile a little more.

Image source & purchase  Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment