Tuesday, November 29, 2011

For Olivia...A Chic Shower

Saturday, I had the pleasure of attending a unique shower in honor of the baby of my friends Trena and Warren Smith.  Warren had wanted to be surprised about the gender of the baby at the event, revealed by the inside color of cake.  They already have two handsome boys and had excitedly hoped for, well, in dad's words, "That cake better be pink.  I put a girl in the oven!"  It was so fun to see his reaction and announcement that her name would be Olivia.  Sweet name.

What a feast for all the senses!  The hotel banquet room was decked out in green, yellow, and brown.  Centerpieces, of which I should have taken pics, were lovely sunflowers in vases wrapped with large brown and green ribbons.  Relaxing music of Michael Buble and the like played for our enjoyment.  The menu was the most elaborate for a baby shower:  crab spread, spinach dip, chicken wings, tossed salad, pasta salad, baked spaghetti with shrimp, chicken alfredo, lasagna, chocolate fountain, fruit, a few kinds of desserts (including one of the yummiest cupcakes I've ever tasted), champagne, and tea punch!!!

As my gift, I made some art for Baby Olivia's room.  My next post will be info on how to do it yourself.

Trena and Warren, I pray for a continued blessed marriage, pregnancy, and family.  We can't wait to meet you, Olivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment