Monday, March 5, 2012

A Tale of Two Shirts

I don't know about you, but around here we go through a lot of garments.  And when I say "go through," I mean mysterious stains appear out of nowhere that cripple garments right out of commission.Yes, I remove what stains I can, but there are only so many hours in a day.

So, these two blue guys were waiting to fulfill their rag destinies.  I also had a couple of dollar bin frames.  So, I decided to upcycle them into his and hers dry erase boards.
"His" was very simple.  I just cut the pocket from one shirt and centered it on a swatch from the other shirt, giving it a two-tone effect. 
Special thanks to my friend Gina Frank for showing me how to make fabric rosettes.  If you've never made them, here's a tutorial.  Gina and I rolled the edges in.  But, if you like the frayed look, leave them out.  I hot glued them on, and then I put fabric under the glass.  You could also use scrapbook paper.

Above:  Already using it!

Below:  Photography expirament.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment