- Our neighborhood is especially festive, and the feeling is contagious. Many homes are decorated and go all out. Some of our neighbors were kind enough to bring by candy, homemade dark chocolate truffles (which didn't last long!), and even toys for the kids. I am very grateful to be where we are.
- Having more traffic in the house is great. Enjoyed a few game nights prior to Christmas and a nice steak lunch on Christmas day. I love a busy house.
- Whoo hoo for extra hands around the house! Can I get an amen? Here, Derek and Dash cleaned some floors. Family also helped with the kids. It was sooo very much needed because....
- It was a handmade Christmas. It was fun thinking about the gift recipient while working on their present. We magnetized Scrabble tiles, as seen in a previous post. These are nutcrackers picked out by Dash at Goodwill for his Nana. Then, they got a little makeover. We dry brushed a little brown paint on the small one and distressed him. The big guy needed help with his mustache. And, both had small accent berries added in hands and on hats.
- We can't forget our new puppy love. We bought her to help entertain the kids and also to give a dog a family. Since we are home quite a bit, it seemed appropriate to share it with a pet. Enter: Lady, adopted from Jacksonville Animal Protective services. She fit the bill of what we needed: medium size, short hair, and sweet temperament. She's a great addition! When your own family wants an addition, please consider a rescue!
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Best of Christmas 2011
This Christmas has been special. I wouldn't say perfect, but really, really good. Although this post may not reflect any savvy chic ideas, I wanted to share some of the reasons why this Christmas rocked, in no particular order...