Monday, January 30, 2012

Style Icon

For the next few weeks, you might observe that posts are focused more on organizing, cleaning, and simplifying life.  I heard a piece of fashion advice a few weeks ago that rang in my head, though the source is fuzzy now...Nate Berkus Show I think.  Anyway, the word was this:  pick ONE celebrity whose style you admire.  Then, as you shop for clothes (or accept hand-me-downs or clean out your closet), consider, "Is this something so and so would wear?" and purchase accordingly.  So, it sounds a little stalker-ish maybe?  But, I like the simplicity.  One person, their style, and building on it.

My personal philosophy for as long as I can remember is "variety is the spice of life."  I don't have a signature scent, color, or...anything.  Maybe this is I have a full closet with nothing to wear.  It took me a good couple of weeks to decide on who my style icon is.  The fashion expert who suggested this strategy pointed out how focusing your purchases on one icon will actually save you money.  Lightbulb moment!

Your own icon could be from any point in time.  Audrey Hepburn or Mary Tyler Moore might be good choices.  But, after long deliberation, I decided on Zooey Daschanel.  Her style is quirky and retro-inspired.
The Cute Zooey Deschanel With Pink Dress

the cute zooey deschanel with unique dress The Cute Zooey Deschanel Dress zooey deschanel dresses zooey deschanel dress the cute zooey deschanel dress

the cute zooey deschanel dresses photo The Cute Zooey Deschanel Dress zooey deschanel dresses zooey deschanel dress the cute zooey deschanel dress

So, there you have it...  Feminine, colorful Zooey.  Note to self:  buy some tights and don't stress about being pale.  Who is your style icon???  Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment